Photo Courtesy of Dawn Ballou
Daily traffic averages were analyzed for various points in Sublette County. Some of these trends include:
- Traffic has increased by 60% or more since 1995 everywhere in Sublette County, except for the Rim on Highway 189 / 191 which is up only about 20%.
- Big truck traffic has shown huge increases in Big Piney / Marbleton, Pinedale, Highway 351, and U.S. Highway 191 between Sand Draw and Farson. Big Truck Traffic has decreased in Daniel and on the Rim.
- Car / Pickup traffic has increased between Pinedale and Big Piney / Marbleton on U.S. Highway 189 and 191, but with smaller increases over "the Rim", suggesting travel between the North and South County has increased greatly since 2000.
- Traffic on WYO Highway 351 has shown huge increases.
- Traffic going over the Rim is highly correlated with Grand Teton National Park visitor numbers.
of all traffic accidents in Sublette County from 1995 - 2005.